• 2 1/2 cups canned chickpeas rinsed & drained
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1/2 cup black olives, pitted & roughly chopped
• 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
• Ground black pepper & salt to taste
• 1 bag of desired tortilla chips
• Garlic paste: In a small bowl, mix salt, garlic and 1/2 a tsp of the olive oil. Add red chili pepper flakes and mix. Add the remaining olive oil. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, olives, and parsley. Add garlic paste and mix well. Add cumin and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
Enjoy this fiber-rich and low-cholesterol meal!