Responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic following established standards and practices.
1. Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
2. Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Sutures minor lacerations.
3. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
4. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
5. Maintains patient confidentiality.
The job holder must demonstrate competencies applicable to job position.
REQUIREMENTS: MA APRN license
Education: BSN, MSN. Successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program or physician assistant program.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting plus two years of nurse practitioner or physician assistant experience.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations to give and evaluate patient care.
2. Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
3. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
1. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
2. Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
1. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
2. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
3. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 10 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and irregular hours.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Environmental Working Conditions:
Combination of exam rooms and medical offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation,
medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic
To apply please contact Tracy Brawley at firstname.lastname@example.org.