General Summary/Overview: Provide the full scope of primary care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients. In addition, a Primary Care Physician is a member of the Mass General Brigham Community Physician’s Organization. In that capacity they are expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Pentucket Medical and work collaboratively to achieve them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all MGBCPO policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
1. Obtain health history and perform physical examinations
2. Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment
3. Prescribe medication in accordance with Massachusetts statute and professional practice guidelines
4. Perform minor surgical procedures
5. Arrange referrals for patients
6. Review incoming reports ( e.g. lab, x-ray , EKG) sign, date and follow up in a timely manner
7. Comply with the PCPO Infection Control plan which includes personally utilizing universal precautions. Ensure compliance by support staff.
8. Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
9. Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested
10. Assist in outside medical public relations functions
11. Adhere to PCPO productivity standards and meet at least the minimum requirement.
1. Graduate of Accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO).
2. Completion of Accredited Residency
3. Board certification in specialty (if newly graduated from residency, must be obtained within 3 years of graduation) must be kept current
4. Unrestricted license to practice within Massachusetts
5. Current DEA certificate without restriction
6. PALS or NRP, ACLS may be required
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
2. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
3. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
5. Strong decision making and practical skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. Requires sitting and standing associated with normal office environment. Manual dexterity for using a computer keyboard and calculator.
Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 10 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and irregular hours.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Environmental Working Conditions:
Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
To apply, please forward your curriculum vitea to Tracy Brawley, HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org